For further information: www.visitcalvia.com
- Choose a walk that is in accord with your physical abilities.
- Always let someone know of where you intend to walk (for example: hotel reception).
- It is not wise to walk alone; better to go with someone else.
- The conditions of a route can vary a great deal in bad weather; check the meteorological report before you go, especially towards the end of summer, autumn and spring.
- Wear suitable clothing, and adequate footwear. Always carry extra clothing, and a waterproof.
- Take plenty of water, and enough food provisions; sometimes a walk can take longer than you think.
- A small first-aid kit is always useful.
- Do not wander off the marked routes.
- Be aware during the shooting season, when the routes cross permitted game-shooting areas. (Check at the nearest Tourist Information Office).
- Do not light fires.
- Respect the environment, leaving no signs of having passed through, and taking all your rubbish back with you.
- And, above all, ¡do not take any risks! (Example: trying to return by a different route, or trying to get from one walk to another over unchartered terrain).